This track is lyrically so much on point and nails the current, modern destabilized relationship status of modern society so much. The way Kelsey comes across is as somewhere between Lana Del Rey and a grande dame of 60s music. The entire retro sound design feels like a window to the the past where we get to witness time travelling Amy Winehouse meeting with Lana Del Rey and they trying to recreate a Nancy Sinatra song. Well done Kelsey!
Sweet Soul Music.
This is what they had to say about their single:
Zalon, the main backing artist and collaborator with Amy Winehouse just has released his Album and first single ‘Erica’ – to a sold out gig in London. Erica is about a woman who is untrustworthy whose giving Zalon the run around but she should just be true and honest with herself.
I think this songs matters more than ever and Filip’s YUM YUM Edit is still going strong after more than 10 years by now. Thank you for this little masterpiece.
Al Green – Gotta find a new World (YUM YUM Edit)
Our new Top Tunes for November are finaly ready and we hope they will warmen up your heart as winter is about to begin over here in Munich Germany. Listen, love & share it with your pals +in order to see which track is downloadable for free or via iTunes, hit the tracklist beneath the player <3
Tracklist + Downloads after the jump >>
Amys posthumous album will be out in December and goes by the name of ‘Hidden Treasures’. It’s a collection of several unreleased tracks, recorded throughout the last few years and compiled by producers Salaam Remi and Mark Ronson. I still love her voice and can’t wait for the release to come so let’s have a short look at the album cover, the tracklist and listen to one song.
1. ‘Our Day Will Come’ (Reggae Version) (Recorded: May 2002)
2. ‘Between the Cheats’ (Recorded: May 2008)
3. ‘Tears Dry’ (Recorded: November 2005)
4. ‘Wake Up Alone’ (Demo) (Recorded: March 2006)
5. ‘Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow’ (Recorded: September 2004)
6. ‘Valerie’ (Demo) (Recorded: December 2006)
7. ‘Like Smoke’ (Ft. Nas) (Recorded: May 2008)
8. ‘The Girl from Ipanema’ (Recorded: May 2002)
9. ‘Halftime’ (Recorded: August 2002)
10. ‘Best Friends’ (Recorded: February 2003)
11. ‘Body and Soul’ (With Tony Bennett) (Recorded: March 2011)
12. ‘A Song for You’ (Recorded: Spring 2009)