What You Need For A Pumpkin Spice Latte
2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more to garnish
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
2 cups whole milk
1 to 2 shots espresso, about 1/4 cup
1/4 cup heavy cream, whipped until firm peaks form
(find the introduction below)
Maybe you’ve noticed that we had a Top Tunes break in September…We honestly feel sorry for that but life is moving very fast here right now and sometimes breaking your routine is the best way to get back your flow :) Have a look at the Top Tunes October and you’ll realise how productive each one of us has been. Mixed with some really good tunes from the last weeks we proudly have new YUM YUM Remixes, a Santigold Refix by our good friend Marki and also our Buddy Tand Williams refixed some tunes…keep rolling, keep refixing, keep having fun with our Top Tunes :)
How To Make The Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Heat the pumpkin and spices: In a small saucepan over medium heat cook the pumpkin with the pumpkin pie spice and a generous helping of black pepper for 2 minutes or until it’s hot and smells cooked. Stir constantly.
- Stir in the sugar: Add the sugar and stir until the mixture looks like a bubbly thick syrup.
- Warm the milk: Whisk in the milk and vanilla extract. Warm gently over medium heat, watching carefully to make sure it doesn’t boil over.
- Blend the milk: Carefully process the milk mixture with a hand blender or in a traditional blender (hold the lid down tightly with a thick wad of towels!) until frothy and blended.
- Mix the drinks: Make the espresso or coffee and divide between two mugs and add the frothed milk. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, or nutmeg if desired.